The estate first began in 1850 and has been mentioned in the Féret since 1875. From 1945 to 1993, the grapes harvested on the estate contributed to the Pugnac's collective winery. In 1994, Gilles and Pascale Derouineau purchased the estates and had new wine caves built so that they could produce their own wine. The wine was mentioned in Les Grands Vins de France magazine from its very first harvest. It went on to earned 11 medals over the following years.
In 2010, Philippe Betschart and his family took over the property. Betschart comes from a family of a long line of Bordeaux merchants. In taking over the estate, the family is not only getting back to its roots, but is looking ahead to the future; their first goal is to transform the estate into an organic and biodynamic winery.